If you are part of a privileged group and have to constantly demand that somebody in an oppressed group say “not all (insert privileged group here) are like that”
what you are really demanding is that they reassure you that you’re not like that and you’re not being held accountable
which is a cowardly thing to do and also shows the great lengths you will go to in order to avoid examining your role in a toxic system
men’s rights key issues
- why cant i hit women
- why cant i grope women
- why cant i kiss women suddenly
No. It’s more like
- why can’t men have the same custody rights as women
- why male domestic violence is not acknowledged in society
- why men are automatically drafted into the Army
nah it’s more like
- patriarchy causes those problems
- read a book
the draft hasn’t been in place for years you fucking moron. seconding zach.
- men do have the same custody rights as women
- they rarely want custody of their children, but when they do, they often receive custody (somewhere from 60 - 70% of the time
- even if they’re abusive
- men also - thanks to the income and wealth gap between men and women - tend to be able to afford better lawyers
- and unfair and stricter standards are applied to women
- even if that were the case, it would be because women are viewed as “natural” caregivers
Women have also usually gotten custody because women have usually been the primary caregivers. Because patriarchy.
The bottom line is that you simply CANNOT argue that men are oppressed or have no or even little rights when men dominate EVERY SOCIAL, ARTISTIC, RELIGIOUS, COMMERCIAL, LEGAL, AND GOVERNMENTAL INSTITUTION. FFS. Guys fucking run EVERYTHING.
For readers interested in learning more about how not to be labeled as registered sex offenders, a good first step is not to rape unconscious women, no matter how good your grades are. Regardless of the strength of your GPA (weighted or unweighted), if you commit rape, there is a possibility you may someday be convicted of a sex crime. This is because of your decision to commit a sex crime instead of going for a walk, or reading a book by Cormac McCarthy. Your ability to perform calculus or play football is generally not taken into consideration in a court of law. Should you prefer to be known as ‘Good student and excellent football player Trent Mays’ rather than ‘Convicted sex offender Trent Mays,’ try stressing the studying and tackling and giving the sex crimes a miss altogether…
Trent Mays and Ma’lik Richardson are not the “stars” of the Steubenville rape trial. They aren’t the only characters in a drama playing out in eastern Ohio. And yet a CNN viewer learning about the Steubenville rape verdict is presented with dynamic, sympathetic, complicated male figures, and a nonentity of an anonymous victim, the ‘lasting effects’ of whose graphic, public sexual assault are ignored. Small wonder, then, that anyone would find themselves on the side of these men—these poor young men, who were very good at taking tests and playing sports when they were not raping their classmates."